In this workshop, On Point Workshops Instructor Landon Blake will teach a 3 hour workshop on determining land boundaries. Here is an outline for the workshop:
- Deeds and Land Descriptions
- Types of Land Descriptions
- Establishing Boundaries on the Ground
- Basics of Title Insurance
- Understanding ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
As part of the workshop, Landon will answer the following questions:
- What are the important differences between deeds and land descriptions?
- What are the basic types of land descriptions?
- Who should write land descriptions, and why?
- What belongs in a land description, and what doesn’t?
- What workflow does a surveyor typically follow to map a land description onto the ground?
- How does our land title system work in the United States, and what are its historical roots?
- What is the purpose of an ALTA/NSPS land title survey?
- How are land title surveys abused? What should always be included in your land title map, and what should never appear on your map?