Landon begins this workshop with a simple definition of GIS design. He then provides an overview of a high-level GIS design process that you can follow at the start of every new GIS project. The workshop continues with a discussion of why good GIS design is important and when it is essential. The workshop concludes with a detailed walk-through of the GIS design process based on the high-level process described in the beginning of the workshop.
If part of your job is to plan and implement GIS projects, this workshop will help you be more effective.
- What is GIS Design?
- Why is Good GIS Design Important?
- When is Good GIS Design Essential?
- A Simple GIS Design Proces
- High Level GIS Design Example
- Calculating GIS Design ROI
- Identifying Critical Projects for Formal GIS Design
- GIS Design Process Example