A proper understanding or the history of each property corner involved in a boundary survey is a key element of a proper boundary resolution. In this seminar you learn a system for the research and cataloging of property corner history. This includes discussing the typical events in a property corner lifecycle and the process for creating a property corner timeline. Examples that demonstrate the importance of documenting property corner history are considered. The seminar concludes with a discussion of how property corner history can be managed in a simple geographic information system.
- What is the land surveyor’s role in our real property system?
- Understanding the Two (2) Basic Types of Survey Records for Real Property
- Understanding Common Land Survey Data Products for Real Property
- Where in the World? (Basis of Bearing, Datums, and Coordinate Systems)
- Managing Metadata for Land Surveying Records and Data for Land Parcels
Total workshop time is 4 hours.