SketchUp is a program that has revolutionized 3D modeling with its easy-to-use interface. In this workshop you’ll learn how to create a 3D model of a conceptual subdivision from client sketches. The workshop will cover basic model creation and painting tools in SketchUp, and will also demonstrate how to work with SketchUp Components. At the end of the seminar, you’ll see how the conceptual model can be styled with SketchUp’s built in styles, rendered using the LuxRender Plug-In for SketchUp, and presented using SketchUp Layout.
- What is SketchUp?
- Quick tour of the user interface.
- Model navigation tools.
- Basic geometry construction and painting tools.
- Using styles and scenes.
- Section views.
- Presentation with Layout.
- My tools.
- Applications of 3D modeling for land surveyors.
Total workshop time is 4 hours.
- Sample SketchUp models for Little John’s Creek North Development.
- Sample Layout files.
- Make Faces Plug-In
- My Script Files